On Apr. 9, 2020, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) extended its emergency declaration to provide some commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers an immediate waiver from the agency’s hours-of-service (HOS) regulations. The waiver will now apply through May 15, 2020.
The waiver applies to CMV drivers who are providing “direct assistance” in support of emergency relief efforts related to the COVID-19 outbreak. This includes efforts to meet immediate needs for:
1. Medical supplies and equipment related to the testing, diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19;
2. Supplies and equipment for community safety, sanitation and prevention of transmission (masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, soap and disinfectants);
3. Food, paper products and other groceries for emergency restocking of distribution centers or stores;
4. Raw materials required for the manufacture of the first three categories;
6. Liquefied gases to be used in refrigeration or cooling systems;
7. Equipment, supplies and persons necessary to establish and manage temporary housing, quarantine and isolation facilities;
8. Persons designated by federal, state or local authorities for medical, isolation or quarantine purposes; and
9. Other medical or emergency service personnel.
Direct assistance terminates when transportation is not in support of emergency relief efforts related to the COVID-19 outbreak or when the motor carrier dispatches a driver or CMV to another location to begin operations in commerce.
We are always here to support your business. Contact us anytime. We put Your Business First…
24/7 Emergency Support
Anastasi Emergency Support: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, a licensed agent is on-call when you need them the most. This is not an answering service. This is your agent, who has access to your policy and knows you and can give you the peace of mind that you deserve. Our on-call agent can get you in contact with the following professionals:
- Hazmat Response and Clean-up
- Wrecker services – large and small
- Carpenters, plumbers, electricians, and roofers
- Claims Mitigation Specialists
- Insurance Consultants